Monday, November 29, 2010

You don't need to deprive yourself...

Tonight, I had a turkey burger thats pre-seasoned with spices (160 cals, 1g fiber, 18g of protein), 2 slices of wheat bread (100 cals each, 5g of fiber each... DA DAAAAMN! :-), 5 g of protein. so double everytthing). Then I had organic sweet baby lettuce on top of my burger (i never really count calories for lettuce because i know it's already low. Thats the weight watchers technique i picked up (which ill discuss later). I also put some lettuce as a side. To top it off i put some mustard (0 calories) on top and voila.

I cooked the burger on my George Foreman lean fat grilling machine and yes it is great. It sheds out all that fat and you actually see the grease dripping into the little container thingy. And then I had water.

In total I would say my dinner was 375 (i'm adding a little more for the lettuce but it might be lower)

-----------------
So the weight watcher point system is a great way to look at your weight loss. They combine i believe calories, fiber, and protein and make a point system (0-6). Veggies and Fruits have a point system of 0 which mean you can eat how much you want! They are the healthiest. High in fiber and low in calories.
So for example:
(I'm making up calories/fiber on this two products)
Would you rather eat Doritos (200 cals, 0 g of fiber) or Sun Chips (240 calories, 5 g of fiber) ? Sometimes it's not about the calories but more about fiber, protein etcs., The best choice would be Sun Chips. They would have the lower point value on a WW system.



So when you're counting calories, make sure you look everyyyything. Sodium, protein, carbs, etcs.,

-- Jessica

XOXO :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment